Sunday, June 20, 2010

the first shadow

Starting this blog has been a long time coming. I have continually gone around, and around trying to decide if I was ready to put myself out there for all to see. Luckily I have made the first move in jumping off the cliff I have been looking out over for some time now.

Writing has become my form of catharses, a way for me to shake the shadows from my being. Mostly I write poetry, slam poetry to be exact, some of which I plan to post here. It may sound clique, but writing has saved my life more than once, and I am sure it will continue to play a vital role. I hope that what I write here will speak to someone out there perhaps inspiring creativity of any kind. So to who ever is out there, thank you for reading this. I am excited to start on this new path.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great start I can't wait to read more so glad you decided to jump off that cliff. You will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Maybe the Willow Knows

You were never the plan   As we wandered through the morning lit cemetery   Sunlight lazily dancing with the beckoning arms of the willows  ...